Naples Luxury Real Estate - Luxury Waterfront & Beachfront Beachfront Real Estate & Golf Course Community Properties
Naples Luxury Real Estate | Beachfront, Waterfront & Golf Course Estates, Homes & Condos. We offer the finest in golf courses living such as Grey Oaks, Talis Park, Mediterra, Collier's Reserve, Treviso Bay, Quail West, Kensington, Tiburon, Pelican Marsh, Pelican Bay, Lely Resort and Fiddler’s Creek.
Naples Luxury Real Estate, Waterfront & Beachfront Real Estate represents a Naples Florida lifestyle with an exclusive standard on its own.
This Naples lifestyle is what makes Naples one of America’s top destinations for those seeking only the best in waterfront living.
Naples luxury real estate known for its world-class, challenging golf courses and beautiful beach- and seaside properties. The metropolitan city has been experiencing rapid growth since the 1980s. There are a variety of new upscale single- and multi-family homes and villas, as well as residential towers that mirror the most premier of resort-style living with a long list of amenities. Many Naples communities include golf, community pools, tennis courts and fitness centers. Naples Florida Homes and Condos for Sale: Naples luxury real estate range in style from Old Florida homes to massive Mediterranean oceanfront villas & luxury mansions. Naples multi-family homes vary from large floor plan condominiums to quaint, clustered carriage homes. Residential real estate is built around specific lifestyles such as golfing, nature or boating, surrounded by natural preserves, meticulously tended courses or beautiful landscaping.
Naples luxury real estate Waterfront living is at its best, while golfing communities such as Grey Oaks, Talis Park, Mediterra, Collier's Reserve, Treviso Bay, Quail West, Kensington, Tiburon, Pelican Marsh, Pelican Bay, Lely Resort and Fiddler’s Creek are Naples specialty. With plenty of luxurious opportunities, homeowners have exclusive access to private beaches such as Port Royal, Aqualane Shores, Olde Naples, Gulf Shore, Park Shore, The Moorings, Vanderbilt Beach and Royal Harbor, boat slips and close proximity to biking, walking and hiking trails.
While in Naples, residents and visitors enjoy shopping, the arts, local attractions and a multitude of dining options on 3rd Street and 5th Ave, Waterside Shops or The Mercato in North Naples. The recreation and water-loving population boasts an active social life, making it a great place to live and visit.
Back in the early 30's, winter visitors were coming to Naples to enjoy the sun, the beaches and a small golf course located at the end of Fifth Avenue near the beach. It was in 1932 that Charles Lindbergh landed his plane in that area. Lindbergh and his wife, Ann, had a retreat in Sanibel and would drop in to pick up supplies.
Naples Downtown consisted of a few businesses located approximately 3 blocks east and west of 9th Street South/US 41, at the junction that was known as Four Corners. Ed Frank's Garage and his small strip mall, the Chamber of Commerce building, telephone company, train depot, a liquor store, gas station, dry good store and Club 41 was located there.
Club 41 was a popular place for entertainment. It has been said that among the guests that frequented the Club were Gary Cooper, Lawrence Tibbets and Gertrude Lawrence.
Occasionally a car would pass by Four Corners, somebody who was crossing the state going to Miami on the new Tamiami Trail East that had been completed in 1928. At noon you could hear the train whistle from the Orange Blossom Express as it arrived daily at the Depot train station just a block away. Today you can visit the Depot as a historical landmark of the train service that began in Naples in 1927, but no train will stop to take you somewhere else.
In 1923, the Frank family lived upstairs over the Ed Frank Garage near 10th Street South. This was the first commercial building on Fifth Avenue South. Mrs. Frank would throw her table scraps to alligators in the swamp below. The Frank family was one of the first settlers in the area and are noted for having opened the first car dealership. Mr. Frank invented the first swamp buggy and also built the first strip mall.
Mamie Tooke, often called the Mother of Naples, opened the first bank in Naples in 1949 on Fifth Avenue. South. She was instrumental in teaching locals how to budget and save their money, and many of those original depositors became large land owners. In 1989, it became Barnett Bank.
Cory Osceola, (a member of the Seminole tribe and local resident of Naples, and his family used to set up a stand and sell their Indian crafts on Fifth Ave. They were a very well respected, old Indian family in the area. The descendants of the Osceolas are now world-renown builders of Chickees “Tiki Huts”. Today many of their structures stand in SW Florida.
The Naples Depot began providing train service on January 7, 1927. The last train to leave Naples was in 1971 when the service was discontinued. The Depot has since been restored and is today used by many community organizations for functions.
The Rexall Drug Store on the corner of Fifth Ave S and 8th Street South was the meeting place of local businessmen. They sat at the benches in front of the store and discussed local business.
The Naples Women's Club was responsible for providing Naples with it first library as early as 1932. In 1951, they built the club house at Park Street and Sixth Avenue South which housed the library and had a separate street entrance.
The location of the Naples Chamber of Commerce has come full circle. In 1928, it was located in approximately the same spot as the Chamber's Visitors' Center of today.
In 1929, a small building housed the telephone company where the Merrill Lynch building is now located. In 1945, there were 17 telephones in town. In 1968, the United Telephone Company built a new telephone building around the first little structure.
In 1960, during Hurricane Donna, surge water was over the table tops of Beroni's Cafe which was located on Fifth Avenue South near 9th Street South.
The first road “shells in deep mud ruts” that was going from Naples to Fort Myers was completed in 1918 and is known today as Tamiami Trail North. In 1928, with the vision and resources of Barron Collier, the Tamiami Trail East was completed from Naples to Miami.
For discrete and professional service call me to schedule a private viewing of any one of these great Naples luxury homes for sale.
Kirsten S. Prizzi
FL Lic Real Estate Broker Associate / Realtor
Immobilienfachwirt (IHK) / Immobilienmakler Naples
Waterfront Realty Group INC.
1395 3rd Street S, Naples, Florida 34102